Our good friend Eric Qualman, the Socialnomics author who has made a name for himself by creating short, entertaining videos jam-packed with social media statistics, is at it again. His original video, the "Social Media Revolution", now has 2.8 million views.
Today, Qualman released his newest video, "Social Media Statistics 2011." Check it out:
Some of the most interesting statistics in the video include:
1. If Facebook were a country, it would be the world's third largest.
2. A new member joins LinkedIn every second.
3. 50 percent of mobile internet traffic in the UK is Facebook.
4. Social Gamers will buy $6 billion in virtual goods by 2013.
5. YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world.
What statistics do you find most interesting?
Read more: http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/16121/Social-Media-Statistics-2011-Video.aspx#ixzz1Omi7WrIm